Induction Healthcare Group PLC is registered with Companies House as Induction Healthcare Group PLC.
Our registered business address is WeWork c/o Induction Healthcare, 12 Hammersmith Grove, London W6 7AP, United Kingdom
Data protection officer: email@example.com
ICO registration: ZA464674
With respect to your personal data, as a user or non-user contact, we act as both data controller and processor.
What information does the Application obtain and how is it used?
The Application is a free service which requires account registration prior to use. The account information that is required is the users first name, last name, email address, password and professional role.
These types of data are obtained when you create your account in the Application and are manually entered by you.
Whilst using the Application, personally identifiable information is collected relating to your use of the application. This includes user ID/time/date stamps relating to your activity in the Application, number that you create/edit, codes that you create/edit, FAQs that you create/edit, documents that you access. These are generated when action is taken within the app and form part of the audit trail generated by the Application. You may opt-out of the collection of this type of data in the application during the signup process. If you would like to opt out after this point, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Within the Application there is the option to use a secure messaging service, if enabled the user is able to message other users of the system. All messages are secured in transit over HTTPS/TLS, at rest both on the mobile clients and the database servers. Furthermore, the Application uses zero-knowledge-based end-to-end encryption meaning that the encryption keys to decrypt the messages are only store on the users’ device, meaning the company cannot decrypt or read any of the message content.
We may also collection information from individuals, users and non-users who contact us via email or web submission. This includes name, contact details including email address and your place of work.
How we use the information we collect
We may use this information to provide the Application, including to:
- Maintain and improve the Application;
- Contact individuals for the purposes of preventing or addressing service, security or technical issues;
- Answer queries from users directly; and
- Maintain the security of the platform. This may involve contact with our users via email or through the Application.
- We may also use this information to enforce these Terms and Conditions, comply with our legal obligations (e.g. where we are required to do something by law) and in our pursuit or defence of legal claims.
- We also use aggregated anonymized data to help us understand, improve and promote the Application. For example, the average number of times the directory for a given hospital is viewed per week.
Legal Basis for Processing
To use your personal information for providing you with information you have requested or with other promotional information or announcements, we rely on a condition known as "legitimate interests". It is in our legitimate interests to make you aware of developments that we believe are relevant to you or other special offers or updates. It is also in our legitimate interests to collect your information in order for us to provide our services to you more effectively.
Does the Application collect precise real time location information of the device?
This Application does not collect precise information about the location of your mobile device.
We may employ third party companies and individual to facilitate our Application to provide the Application on our behalf, to perform Application-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Application is used.
These third parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated through digital processing agreements not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Data storage services are carried out by UKCloud.
Data analytical services are provided by Mixpanel.
What are my opt-out rights?
You can stop all collection of information by the Application easily by uninstalling the Application and then requesting account removal by emailing us at email@example.com. You can also request removal of your account and all associated data and any time by logging into your account on our website and navigating to the profile section. Here you will see a number of options available to you for account removal.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We store personal information in the form of user accounts which our users signup for. We also store numbers, FAQs, documents and personal codes provided by our users. We store all information entered into the app on our secure cloud-based servers. All data is encrypted while in motion.
We will retain your personal information for as long as you have a user account with Induction. If you ask for your user account to be removed, we will action this request and delete your data within 30 days.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect any information (e.g. aggregated, anonymised installation and usage data) we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. Please be aware that, although we endeavour provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches. As such we make no warranties as to the level of security afforded to your data, except that we will always act in accordance with the relevant UK and EU legislation.
Your rights under Data Protection Law in relation to the way we process your personal information are set out below.
- Access to your personal information (this means that you are entitled to request a copy of your personal information and we will grant you access or provide you with all personal information that we hold about you, subject to some limited exemptions).
- Data portability (this means that you are entitled to request that the information you have provided to us is then provided to you or to another organisation in a portable, machine readable, electronic format).
- Rectification (this means you have the right to require us to rectify any inaccurate data held by us about you).
- Erasure (this means you have a right to require us to erase personal information held by us about you, for example when we no longer need to use your personal information for the purpose we collected it for).
- Restriction (this means you have a right to object to our processing of personal information held by us about you in certain circumstances for example, if you would not like to be subject to any profiling or direct marketing).
If you are not satisfied with our handling of any request in relation to your rights, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office. Their address is:
First Contact Team
Information Commissioner's Office